Since I cracked open that can of pumpkin a few days go, I couldn’t just let it sit in the fridge forever, so I put it to good use! When I got home from work yesterday, I had pumpkin on the brain and I knew I had to get to my bake on. On Tuesday, I mentioned that I was craving Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins from Starbucks, so I dis some playing around in the kitchen and got something pretty similar, but better for you than plain old muffins!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cover cream cheese in plastic wrap and shape into a log. Place in freezer for up to one hour.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients.
- If a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil and mix well.
- Add in dry ingredients, bit by bit, mixing in between.
- Remove the cream cheese from freezer and cut into slices.
- Fill muffin tins halfway and place a cream cheese slice onto each muffin and press into the batter.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part. Do not touch the cream cheese until it cooks.
Try to eat just one…I dare you!