If I’m the queen of the kitchen in our relationship, then Tommy is the king of the slow cooker. Even though I’ve given it a few shots, I can’t seem to get into using the slow cooker, but luckily for me, Tommy is amazing at making slow cooker meals.
Case in point: Turkey chili.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, not drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a large skillet, sautee onions, carrots, celery and jalapeno peppers. Add in ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Transfer the onions and veggies to the slow cooker.
- Add in beans, diced tomatoes and spices.
- Cook on medium for 8 hours.
- Top with shredded cheese and sour cream and dig in!
I actually got a sneak taste of the chili when it just started cooking, and I could not get it off my mind for the rest of the day. I could not wait for dinnertime! Luckily, I powered through my day and arrived with an empty belly, ready to dig in. This chili is so.so.so.so.so good! Tommy even said it was the best thing he ever made! I agree!
What’s your favorite slow cooker meal?