Resolutions get a bad wrap because most people make up some grand goal that they think a changing number on the calendar will help them achieve something that they don’t really have the means or drive to achieve themselves.
Last year, I set four goals for 2012 and looking back at the post from this time last year, I didn’t do too shabby, but that might have something to do with the fact that my goals weren’t very concrete and in turn, not to difficult to achieve. I’ve spent a lot of time over the past few weeks thinking about what I want to achieve in 2013. I think it is important to set goals that are attainable, otherwise you set yourself up for failure. That being said, these are my goals for 2013:
1. Run 13 races. Since I did the Commitment Day run, it’s one down, 12 to go.
2. Run a half marathon. I’m looking for something in the fall so that I have plenty of time to train. Ideas are welcome!
3. Follow a mostly paleo diet. I say mostly because I don’t want to tell myself that I can’t stray from the diet from time to time for special occasions or a cheat day. It’s all about balance!
4. Find a job where I can grow and expand my horizons. The last couple of months have been tough at work. I feel unappreciated and like I’m not taken seriously often. Hopefully 2013 will bring me some new opportunities!
5. Continue to grow this little old blog. I love every minute I spend blogging, answering comments and reading other blogs and blogging has really become one of my greatest passions. I hope to continue blogging and sharing my life and experiences with all of you.
I’ve also seen some bloggers choose a single word to serve as their theme for the year. I checked out the My One Word website and decided to choose pursue as my word.
PURSUE: to strive to gain; seek to attain or accomplish.
I think it fits, and it will help me stay in the mindset of getting it done!
What are your goals for 2013? What is your one word?