Halloween is just around the corner and that means that classroom Halloween parties are going to be happening shortly. This year, I thought that instead of just sending in some prepackaged Halloween themed snacks, I would put in a little more effort and make something fun for the kiddos. And so, Spooky Halloween Bark was born.
Even though the bark looks like you spent a lot of time in the kitchen, it comes together in a flash. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can melt all the chocolate in the microwave. Just make sure to stir every 20-30 seconds, so you don’t burn the chocolate.
- 1 12-oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 12-oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 bag candy corn
- 1 package candy eyes
- Any other candy you would like to include
- Prepare a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- Over a double boiler, or in the microwave melt the semi sweet chocolate chips, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the prepared cookie sheet and spread into an even layer. Let cool until solid. You can also place in into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to speed up the process.
- Over a double boiler, or in the microwave melt the white chocolate chips, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Pour the melted while chocolate over the semi sweet chocolate layer and spread into an even layer. Save about two tablespoons of the melted white chocolate for drizzling.
- Using a spatula, blend the white chocolate with the semi sweet layer in some areas to get a grayish brown color.
- Drizzle the reserved white chocolate over the bark and top with candy toppings.
- Let set before breaking bark into chunks.
I think the candy eyes really give the Halloween bark a sweet and spooky look. It is sure to be a crowdpleaser at every Halloween party!