6:00 AM: Alarm rings. Snooze
6:10 AM: Alarm rings. Snooze
6:20 AM: Alarm rings. Snooze
6:30 AM: Alarm rings. Frantically jump out of bed, run to the bathroom. Shower quickly, get dressed, make lunches, wake up the little man, sip coffee and with just 15 minutes before I need to be out the door, apply makeup for the sake of all my coworkers.
Since I prefer to get a little bit of extra shut eye, my morning makeup routine is quick, easy and to the point. My goal is to even out skin tone, cover up dark spots and blemishes and not look like a pale zombie. Here are the things that help make me look like a human being each morning.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. I slather this on my face as soon as I get out of the shower. It dries quickly and makes a good, non-sticky base for the rest of my makeup. It also does an excellent job at keeping my face feeling smooth and hydrated. I tried switching to different face creams, and this is the one that I keep running back to.
- Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Fiji. Like with the face cream, I have tried many different foundations and this is the one that I keep coming back to. It gives me a buildable coverage and matches my skin tone perfectly. It feels light on the skin and stays on the whole day.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer. I actually pleasantly surprised to receive this concealer in my Ipsy Glam Bag a few months ago because it had been on my to buy list, but I just never got around to picking it up. The concealer does a great job in the under eye area and on blemishes. It is on the sticky side, so I set it with some under eye powder.
- Beauty Blender. This is my go to applicator for foundation and concealer. It gives me the prefect amount of coverage and a really natural finish.
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit. This is actually my previous under eye concealer which I used up, but I keep it around for the wonderful under eye powder that is the second half of the kit. I use it to set my concealer under my eyes, on blemishes and something my t zone when I am feeling a little extra oily.
- Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Box o Blushes. This was a limited edition blush and bronzer palette from Benefit that holds their most popular boxed blushes. My favorites are Hoola for bronzer and Coralista for blush. This palette was worth every penny and I hope they will be releasing something similar in the near future because I’m starting to hit pan on most of the blushes and I’d love a replacement.
- Anatasia Brow Wiz. This is the best product I’ve ever used for my brows. I fill them in on a daily basis and this pencil makes it quick and fool proof. One side of the pencil has a spoolie that I use to brush my brows and I use the pencil to fill in sparce areas and fix the shape. Total must have!
- NYX Wunder Pencil. I use this skin colored pencil to line my water line to make my eyes look bigger and more awake and under my brows for better definition when I’m in need to a wax. For the price, you can’t beat it!
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Knockout Mascara. I switch up my mascara brand almost every time I’m due for a new one. I like how dark and long this one makes my lashes, but it does tend to clump a bit. Not life changing, but pretty good.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics. I love this eyeshadow palette for neutral every day eyes, but I only really use it on the weekends and when I only hit snooze twice instead of three times. It’s great, but not something I reach for every day in the interest of saving time.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo. If I don’t wash my hair in the morning, this dry shampoo is a must have. It brings my hair back to life and I can even wear it down for two days, which was impossible before I found this product. A total cannot live without item.
- Marc Jacob Dot Perfume. This is my current favorite fragrance and I wear it almost every day. I have the full size that lives on my vanity and the roller ball that travels with me. I am terrible at describing scents, so I will not even try other than to say that it smells sooo good.
And that my friends is what makes me look human in the mornings. Even though it all listed may seem like a lot of products, I get it all on and out the door in 10-15 minutes every morning.
Do you wear makeup every day? What are your makeup must haves?