After meeting with the awesome Smart Balance team at FitBlogNYC (and making a total fool on myself via Instagram) I got an email asking me if I’d like to take part in their Battle of the Bloggers. I was beyond excited to take part, so I immediately wrote back and said yes!
Then came the hard part…what kind of recipe could I come up with that could win a contest? Ideas rolled around in my head for days and every time I went to the supermarket I bought another Smart Balance product to create my recipe with. No joke, I’ve got at least 6 different Smart Balance products in my fridge/pantry right now because of my indecisiveness.
In the end I chose to submit my Spinach Artichoke Dip Cups as my entry. I made these for a BBQ and they were a hit. I got asked for the recipe a bunch of times and when we were eating leftovers the next day Tommy was complaining that we didn’t have any left. I knew I had a winner on my hands (I hope!)
- Smart Balance® Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 2 boxes frozen spinach
- 2 8oz. cans marinated artichokes
- ½ cup Smart Balance® Light Mayonnaise Dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Press wonton wrappers into a muffin tin and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Defrost spinach, chop and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Drain artichokes, finely chop and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Combine spinach, artichokes, mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and spices. Mix well.
- Fill wonton cups just prior to serving.
The Smart Balance Battle of the Bloggers is going on right now on the Smart Balance Facebook page. You can vote once a day from a computer (the voting app doesn’t work on mobile) until August 11th and I’ll be your BFF if you vote for me! If I win, I get a $5000 contact to be Smart Balance’s recipe creator for a year! That’s a pretty impressive title if you ask me! The best part is that when you vote, you are entered to win one of five $200 gift cards for a kitchen make over and a year’s supply of Smart Balance products. Win-win situation here! Thanks in advance!
What’s you favorite dip? What’s your go-to appetizer?