I don’t know about you, but I am so sick of the chilly temps that seem to keep returning to NYC. Instead of piling on the layers, I want to be laying on the beach, soaking up the sun, piña colada in hand. Since I can’t jet away to some tropical island, I made the next best thing, a protein piña coladas smoothie!
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 5 oz unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop Designer Whey French Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Light Coconut Milk
- 10 Ice Cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Top with optional coconut flakes.
This version is quite a bit better for you than its rum based brethren. The scoop of protein and fresh fruit will keep you full, instead of just ingesting sugar and empty calories like you find in many drink mixers. While this can’t raise the temperature by 40 degrees, or turn your backyard into a white sand beach (I had my fingers crossed) it will make you feel like you’re almost on vacation, and feeling like you’re almost on vacation is better than nothing!
..and if you want to add some rum, who am I to judge…it’s happy hour somewhere, right?
What’s your favorite tropical drink?