Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but some mornings I am not conscious enough to make myself something yummy and nutritious to start my day off right. Luckily, I am a creature of habit and can eat the same breakfast for days, even weeks, without getting sick of it. Last week, I enjoyed this Oatmeal Quinoa Breakfast Bake from Monday through Friday, and when it was all gone, I still wanted more. I just couldn’t get enough!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease your pan.
- Mix together oats, quinoa, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Pour melted coconut oil over the dry ingredient mixture.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat egg and add in milk and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold in berries.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and drizzle of maple syrup (for extra deliciousness)
I kept it covered in the fridge all week and just popped it into the microwave for a minute to reheat in the mornings. Easiest breakfast ever!
And if you need some more quinoa action, head over to Wish & Whimsy where I am guest posting today with more quinoa action!
What’s your favorite quick breakfast?